Apply now for the 2018 WiDS Memorial Scholarship & CGAI Fellowship!
The WiDS Annual Memorial Scholarship was established in 2006 with a mandate to encourage women to pursue careers related to security and defence in Canada, to provide development opportunities to women in the security and defence fields and to provide financial assistance to further educational objectives of women who are Canadian citizens employed in or pursuing studies related to Canada's defence and security.
NEW THIS YEAR - THE CANADIAN GLOBAL AFFAIRS INSTITUTE (CGAI) FELLOWSHIP:
WiDS is pleased to partner with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute (CGAI) to offer student Fellowships. This exciting opportunity aims to advance the careers of women in defence and security by offering women mentorship, work and research/analysis opportunities with CGAI, as well as access to CGAI publications and resources. Candidates will be selected through WiDS Annual Memorial Scholarship application process and will receive a fellowship with CGAI.
Applicants must be women and Canadian citizens. While the Fellowship will be oriented towards students at the graduate or post-graduate level, exceptional undergraduates may also be considered.
Here are just a few of the benefits of a CGAI Fellowship:
• Publication opportunities with CGAI (the exact nature and amount subject to Fellow’s interest) and promotion of that work;
• Mentoring and coaching opportunitiesI;
• Professional development opportunities within the extensive CGAI network (subject to availability and the Fellow’s career interest);
• Complimentary attendance at CGAI events;
• Complimentary attendance at WiDS events; and
• One complimentary access pass to the tradeshow floor at CANSEC.
You may apply to the CGAI Fellowship using the WiDS Memorial Scholarship application form; just indicate whether or not you are interested in being considered for the CGAI opportunity as well.