Apply now for the 2018 WiDS Memorial Scholarship & CGAI Fellowship!
The WiDS Annual Memorial Scholarship was established in 2006 with a mandate to encourage women to pursue careers related to security and defence in Canada, to provide development opportunities to women in the security and defence fields and to provide financial assistance to further educational objectives of women who are Canadian citizens employed or planning careers in defence and security. Since 2006, WiDS' scholarships have awarded funding ranging from $1,000-10,000.
NEW THIS YEAR - THE CANADIAN GLOBAL AFFAIRS INSTITUTE (CGAI) FELLOWSHIP:
WiDS is pleased to partner with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute (CGAI) to offer student Fellowships. This opportunity aims to advance the careers of women in defence and security by offering one or more women mentorship, work and research/analysis opportunities with CGAI, access to CGAI publications and resources. This collaboration will select female graduate or post-graduate students using the WiDS Annual Memorial Scholarship Process and will provide a Fellowship delivered by CGAI. While the Fellowship will be oriented towards a Graduate Student, exceptional undergraduates will be considered eligible.
The benefits of the Fellowship include:
• Publication opportunities with CGAI (the exact nature and amount subject to Fellow’s interest) and promotion of that work;
• Mentoring and coaching with CGAI;
• Professional development opportunities with the wider CGAI network subject to availability and the Fellow’s career interest;
• Complimentary attendance at CGAI events;
• Complimentary attendance at WiDS events; and
• One complimentary access pass to the tradeshow floor at CANSEC.
You may apply to the CGAI Fellowship using the WiDS Memorial Scholarship application form; just indicate whether or not you are interested in being considered for the CGAI opportunity as well.