Women in Defence and Security (WiDS) aims to promote and support the advancement of women in careers related to Canadian defence and security.
Executive Champion Network
WiDS is developing a community that works together to transform culture - a network of appointed senior leadership from both private and public sector organizations who actively and regularly invest time and financial resources in support of our objectives. This network also facilitates the participation of their respective organizations in WiDS activities.
We envision that the role of our Champions is to promote WiDS and to support the participation of thier respective organizations as WiDS moves into 2020 with our new brand and pillars: Making Connections, Developing Talent and Recognizing Excellence.
Our ask is that our Executive Champions will:
· have a term of 3 years
· help create awareness of WiDS (Note - WiDS will provide communications tools)
· promote WiDS events to help ensure high and meaningful attendance
· participate in and/or sponsor WiDS events if / when it makes sense
· provide thoughts/advice to WiDS regarding our program as it evolves
· appoint a liaison from your organization (if you would prefer not to be the primary point of contact)
What's in it for you?
This is a good opportunity to demonstrate commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion and more specifically, women in defence and security.
PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
LEADERS WHO ACTIVELY MAKE POSITIVE CHANGE.
We would love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.